About Us

My photo
Jenna and Emilie are two Canadian girls who, after experiencing four amazing years of university together in Victoria, BC, decided to keep the good times rolling by moving together to South Korea. We are now living in a city called Suncheon in the southern province of Jeollanamdo. Both of us teach English at public elementary schools to the cutest kids in the world, and we live in an apartment complex called 'Shedae' with about a 100 other foreigners. We hope this blog will keep us connected to friends and family at home, allowing everyone to follow the whirlwind adventures we are sure to have while living in the far east! Lots of Love, Emilie and Jenna

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Is Peter There?

Today was so exciting! I just finished one of the coolest lessons ever with the kids, and everything went so well. The grade 5's are studying phone conversations right now, so I thought it would be a cool idea to get them talking on skype to some family/friends at home.

For the first part of class we came up with some good questions to ask, and then we called Dani, my mom, and Jen. Some of the best questions the kids asked:
  • (To my mom): "is Jenna teacher's brother handsome?" (I showed them a picture of Myles after the class was over, and indeed, their high-pitched shreiks confirmed that yes, they think he is handsome!)
  • "do you think korea is lovely?"
  • "what do you think of jenna teacher?"
  • (To Jen): "who is your boyfriend?" (...and when they found out he was Korean, the look of shock/excitement on their faces was priceless!)

Here is a picture of Dani talking to the kids. (Right after the lesson ended I realized I totally forgot to take a picture when Jen was skyping with the kids, probably because the class talking to Jen was much crazier than the one talking to Dani. Anyway, I'm pretty sure one of the boys is in love with Jen and wouldn't stop goofing around in front of the camera. He's always been one of my favourite students but always such a handful!)

Thanks again mom, Dani and Jen for all your help! It was soo much fun and I know the kids really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment