About Us

My photo
Jenna and Emilie are two Canadian girls who, after experiencing four amazing years of university together in Victoria, BC, decided to keep the good times rolling by moving together to South Korea. We are now living in a city called Suncheon in the southern province of Jeollanamdo. Both of us teach English at public elementary schools to the cutest kids in the world, and we live in an apartment complex called 'Shedae' with about a 100 other foreigners. We hope this blog will keep us connected to friends and family at home, allowing everyone to follow the whirlwind adventures we are sure to have while living in the far east! Lots of Love, Emilie and Jenna

Friday, January 7, 2011

29 days in paradise. Starting now!

Hi all, sorry it's been such a dreadfully long time since our last post. Christmas and New Years and wintercamp has been a whirlwind and the last month has flown by. Of course, Emilie made a surprise visit to her family in Calgary which she will write about soon I am sure. As for me, Christmas was good but very strange, and I've just spent the last 2 weeks teaching and English "wintercamp" with a group of some of the best kids ever. I finally felt like a real teacher, because I planned all of the lessons myself and didn't have a co-teacher in the room with me. 


After the last day of camp finished today, I hopped on a bus to Seoul (Ems and I have come to love these 4 hours bus rides... comfy seats, great ipod listening time) and am now at the Bebop Guesthouse in Seoul. It's a super cute, artsy hostel with different money from around the world strung up like a clothesline around the common room. Tomorrow I'll go to Incheon airport and board my 1pm flight to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia!! I'll be traveling around Malaysia and Thailand for 29 days (aren't paid vacations wonderful?) by myself for parts and meeting up with friends for others. 


I stupidly forgot my camera cord so won't be able to update the blog with pictures along my way, but I'll be sure to write posts here and there about my most recent adventures. 


For those who might want to check out my route on google maps, here it is:
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (3 nights)
Melaka, Malaysia (3 nights)
Palau Langkawi, Malaysia (4 nights)
Koh Phangan, Thailand (3 nights)
Koh Samui, Thailand (4 nights)
Phuket, Thailand (4 nights)
Koh Phi Phi, Thailand (4 nights)
Bangkok, Thailand (2 nights) 


Now that everyone at home is back to reality after the Christmas holidays, my vacation has finally begun!
xox Jenna 

No comments:

Post a Comment