About Us

My photo
Jenna and Emilie are two Canadian girls who, after experiencing four amazing years of university together in Victoria, BC, decided to keep the good times rolling by moving together to South Korea. We are now living in a city called Suncheon in the southern province of Jeollanamdo. Both of us teach English at public elementary schools to the cutest kids in the world, and we live in an apartment complex called 'Shedae' with about a 100 other foreigners. We hope this blog will keep us connected to friends and family at home, allowing everyone to follow the whirlwind adventures we are sure to have while living in the far east! Lots of Love, Emilie and Jenna

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Suncheon Marathon!

Hello everyone! We're back from a day full of running!! Unfortunately Emilie's bronchitis did not clear up in time for her to be able to participate, but it was definitely a good decision on her part not to run as for the last few weeks she's been doing nothing but popping Korean pills and hacking up her right AND left lungs. While I crossed the finish line you can bet Emilie was my number one cheerleader! 


The route itself was pretty typical with a few hills, but mostly flat. Everyone seemed to be excited that there were some foreigners were participating, and along the way I got lots of encouragement from spectators as well as those running alongside me. I heard the Korean equivalent of our "good job!" which sounds like "highting!!!" about 1 million times during the run. My time was 1:05, about the same as it was for the Times Colonist run last April. The coolest part about the race was the time chips they used - on the back of our number that we pinned to our shirts was a little black rod, about the size of a que-tip. Apparently the rod recorded our time when we crossed both the start and finish line. AND to top it off, as soon as I crossed the finish line I received a text on my cell phone telling me my time! So cool!! I wonder when that technology will come to Canada??



some korean dancers lead us in some group stretches. 

fini!!


No comments:

Post a Comment