About Us

My photo
Jenna and Emilie are two Canadian girls who, after experiencing four amazing years of university together in Victoria, BC, decided to keep the good times rolling by moving together to South Korea. We are now living in a city called Suncheon in the southern province of Jeollanamdo. Both of us teach English at public elementary schools to the cutest kids in the world, and we live in an apartment complex called 'Shedae' with about a 100 other foreigners. We hope this blog will keep us connected to friends and family at home, allowing everyone to follow the whirlwind adventures we are sure to have while living in the far east! Lots of Love, Emilie and Jenna

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What's Happening North Korea??

Don't fret everyone! Despite what you may have heard on the news recently, we are completely fine and really not too worried about the whole N.Korea situation. We've already received multiple updates from our Canadian Connection Contact in Korea, who has assured us that all is well. Also, Em and I have both registered as Canadians living overseas so will be accounted for IF something does happen, which I'm sure it won't. Weirdly enough, I really haven't heard any mention of the situation from any of my co-teachers or anyone at my school.


On another note, every day I ask each of my classes "How are you?" as part of a series of small talk questions to start the class. Recently I started banning the answer "I'm fine" because it seemed like that's all the students would say. Today, I heard one of the cutest/funniest responses from on of my grade 5's:
"How are you?"
"I'm fantastic and so-so" 
...not sure if the whole concept of "so-so" is clicking in these guys' brains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment